2018-2019 Seminars in Teaching Excellence
This seminar began with an overview and history of the field of digital humanities, and aimed to help faculty and graduate students develop expertise in the tools and methods necessary to incorporate digital humanities projects and concepts into their classes. An emphasis on practical application encouraged Mellon-EPIC Fellows to develop individual digital humanities projects tailored to their expertise and useful to the classes they already teach. The seminar also considered gaps, resources, and opportunities available within UCLA’s current infrastructure and support for digital humanities pedagogy.
- Dr. Miriam Posner, Assistant Professor, Information Studies
- Dr. Chris Johanson, Associate Professor, Classics
- Dr. Allison Carruth, Associate Professor, English
- Dr. Ursula Heise, Professor, English
- Dr. Rachel Lee, Professor, English
- Dr. David MacFadyen, Professor, Comparative Literature